Sunday, November 25, 2012

Have a happy heart!

I was so happy after I spoke to the neurology clinic on Wednesday! They said that PP's brain was tumor-free and looked just fine. What a relief! Now we could enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday without having to discuss depressing topics. However, the big gathering we attended on Thanksgiving day got a little too big and busy for PP so it was a relatively short visit. I wished we could have stayed longer, but it turned out to be a very special family night for the three of us at home!

PP is a very particular girl when it comes to EVERYTHING! She lives on a routine and can only handle a limited amount of energizing activities at once. I was worried that we would be in this tricky situation before we even went to dinner; PP has been having difficulty lately with going into places where there are a bunch of people. She had troubles like this earlier in the year, but towards the end of summer she seemed to be improving her tolerance of animated environments. Since she has been going to preschool I can tell that the change in routine just on the weekend throws her mood slightly off balance. Thankfully, PP is entering her fourth week of preschool on Monday and I have a good feeling about it.

It has been such a treat to watch PP grow. She is so different than she was a year ago! This time last year, PP could not walk. She started walking this past Spring so this will be her first year of grabbing her own presents from under the tree, helping Mama and Papa decorate, and maybe playing the dice game at the Babcock Family X-Mas! Last year, PP didn't really play in the snow. There wasn't much snow to speak of and I was apprehensive about bringing her outside to play for various reasons. This year, we have less than an inch of snow that has stuck around and PP has already gone out to play in it twice!

She is an adventurous little lady. I can't wait to bring her sledding. 
 PP was a bit unsure about the snow pants...
...but she got over it quickly! She loves the snow!


Going Christmas shopping for her this year will be even more fun than it was last year! Now she is more able to tell me what she wants and I have a really good gist of her taste in toys and clothing. She likes to dress fancy, with glittery shirts or a tutu over tights, and she likes to pretend to be Mama. She likes to grab a broom and push it around while I do dishes, bang pots and pans together, to watch her reflection in the oven door while making goofy faces, to dance and read, wear bracelets and hats and purses, she loves anything that is outside. PP loves to look at real-live babies, dig her fingers into houseplants, and eat anything that is crunchy and/or chocolate. I could go on and on about her cute new personality traits for the fact that I have watched a tiny, sick and helpless baby turn into a very strong, energetic and happy kid in a mere three years. It is super duper awesome!

If only we could get more snow on the ground to get some of that energy out...

Chilly cheekies and toasty toesies
XoX









2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! It's good to read another family's experience with Weaver Syndrome. I had decided to do a blog on my daughter with WS and came across this page. My daughter turned 3 in September, so she's a similar age to your girl who I must say is sooooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you found my blog! I started writing it hoping to reach out to other families who are dealing with WS and to inform a lot of people about what is going on in our lives. I would LOVE to read about your experience! I have always been very curious to learn about other WS children because they are so few and far between, and they are really really unique to boot. I see your profile picture has your daughter in it, she has a very sweet smile. I can't wait to read about her!!!

      Delete